So, you've been hooked up to the NBN, congrats!
In this guide we will cover how to;
- Connect the required cables
- Connect your devices to your new router
Unpack your Uniti provided router, as pictured below.
In a Fibre to the Node configuration, you need to connect up your router as outlined below.
- Take the yellow ethernet cable, found in the box with your router, and connect it the blue WAN port located on the rear of your router (as picture above right)
- Connect the other end of the ethernet cable and connect it to the yellow GATEWAY socket, as on the rear of the NBN Network Connection Device (NCD) (as pictured below right)
- Connect the power adaptor to the Power connector on the back of the router
- Connect the power adaptor to an available power point in your property
The handy diagram below will ensure you've got everything in the correct order.
Once you have done this, you will need to allow 15-20 minutes for your router to configure itself before you will be able to access the internet.
In the meantime lets get your devices connected to your router, so they are ready to go!
Firstly, start by noting down the wireless network name and passphrase located on the back of the router, as picture below.
On you computer, you will need to scan for the wireless network being generated by your router.
This process varies depending on the operating system of your device (Windows, MacOS, IOS, Android) but should be relatively simple.
If you need assistance with this process, check out the handy guides found here.