If you've found that after plugging in and turning on your new Huawei router, you still aren't online, it may be necessary to change some settings in your router.
In order to do this, first start by ensuring that your computer is connected via either wireless or ethernet cable.
(If you need to know the wireless details, they are printed on the rear of the Huawei router)
- Make sure that your computer is connected to your router with an Ethernet cable.
- Open your preferred web browser - for example, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter the following number into the address bar and then hit Enter on your keyboard:
- 192.168.1.1 (this number is called an IP Address).
- The modem's Log In page will open and you will be asked for a username and password.
Please enter the following
- Click Log in to log into the router.
- The router will log in and display a welcome page.
- Click the Internet heading located along the top row
Start by clicking Edit on the item labelled TR069_ETH as shown below
Configure the settings screen as shown in the image below
NOTE: Please ensure that you are using the username and password that was provided in your activation email.
Click save one you have completed the changes as shown above.
That's it! Once these settings are applied you should be up and running.
If you are still unable to get online, give us a call on 1300 847 201, we are happy to help.